Thursday, May 8, 2014

2014's Newbies


2014 has been- so far and in my opinion- a better year in K-POP tan 2013. There had been a lot of debuts lately, so in case you're still lost about the new faces of the idol neighborhood I'm here to introduce the most promising ones to you!

 

JJCC (Double JC):


 

Known as Jackie Chan's group, they debuted on March 24 with their song "At First". JJCC means "Jackie Chan Joins Cultures". The 5 members are: Simba (the leader, born in South Korea), San Cheong (from South Korea), E.co (also from S.K.), Prince Mak (born in Australia with Chinese parents) and Eddy (born in Los Angeles with Korean parents).

 

High4:

 
This guys are lucky! I mean which group got IU to write, feat and appear on their debut song? High4 did with their single "Not Spring, Love, Or Cherry Blossoms". The song got into several music charts top 10s and their music video got a million views 3 days after being released! The 4 members are all from South Korea and their names are: Sung Gu (the leader), Alex, Myung Han and Young Jun.
 
 

AKMU (Akdong Musician):


I feel like AKMU has been around in the K-POP world since forever and that we can't call them "rookies" anymore. The two siblings (Lee Chan Hyuk and Lee Soo Hyun) got the right lottery ticket after winning K-POP Star 2 and signing with one of the three big agencies in South Korea: YG Entertainment ( Having BigBang and 2NE1 as sunbaes must be awesome!). Even if they didn't officially debuted until April 13, 2014 they have already released several songs before composed by Chan Hyuk. For their debut, so far, they have released 3 singles (200%, Melted and Give Love) and I could stay here all day writing how amazing they are at composing and singing, giving songs and unique sound, etc., but I must control myself and let you judge by yourselves.

Melted
 
200%
 
Give Love
 

GOT7:

 
 
And for last, but not least, my bias list wreckers: GOT7! Labeled as the "second 2PM" the guys debuted on January 15, with "Girls Girls Girls" (written and composed by Park Jin Young). Although I would have prefered another song of their álbum to be the single ( for example: Like Oh, I Like You...), the song has the legendary, former Wonder Girl, Sohee's "Omona" so I think that was one of the facts that made JYP chose it, besides it can show the boys' skills with their unique "martial arts" concept. I liked JJ Project before, but then I saw Mark's picture and fell for him, but then I saw Jackson's moves on their video but now my crush is on Jr. (his name is Park Jin Young too x.x).
There are 4 korean members: JB (the leader), Jr., Youngjae and Yugyeom (the maknae); and 3 foreign members: Bam Bam from Thailand, Jackson from Hong Kong and Mark is an Taiwanese-American.




0 comentarios:

Post a Comment